Website Content Management System for short WCMS is a software system that runs on the backend of your website that allows you to collaborate and administrate content on your website.
I am going to list the pros and cons for having a Website Content Management System
Pros of having a Website Content Management System
- You as the owner of the website will have the option of choosing who will work on which section of your website; this will provide security control on your website
- You will have the power to decide where you want to display the content on your site, without contacting your website developer
- It is easy for you to change pages and easily manage extensive pages on your website
- You will be able to change, add and remove menu items on your site
- You can add links, social Media or pages to your site at any given day or time, you will not be reliant on your website development company
- You do not need HTML knowledge to manage the content on your own site
Cons of having a Website Content Management System
- You will not be able to change the look and feel of your website. Content Management Systems can only help you manage the content not change the layout, you will still need your website developer to help with that
- Some Website Content Management System will make the load time for your website a little slower. Your site is now not only loading content from the page it is also getting data from the database. Good hosting will help eliminate this problem
- Like everything in life you will have to learn how to use your Website Content Management System, also keep in mind that your website will have to be updated and then you will have to learn to use the new interface and try to keep up with the times.
Website Content Management System is definitely something you can consider when you want your web presence to improve. If you want to find out more about our Website Content Management System, you can contact us